We announced Jugaad se Ukhaad challange 1.5 Months ago and it was a good deal of joy to see the attacks come in. The server was running on a modified version of Linux patched with gresec and some custom patches. It was out in the wild, with server signature changed to Optinet, one of the UTM products we were testing at the time. So, here are our attack statistics on IP 184.108.40.206 IP are :
- 10 Measured attacks
- 2 LOIC DDos (small scale)
- ZERO Success Rate
So, all in all, we havent got anyone who has successfully exploited the server. We will be back with more challanges in future with some pretty cool prizes next time.
Rishabh Dangwal & Amarjit Singh
by Rishabh Dangwal · 0
Well..onto my android, how life has changed since I moved over it -
- Always connected to social networking services and Email.
- Phone call logs/SMS dumped into my gmail account for quick reference.
- gesture based replys to anyone (for eg and inverted "U" will input "goodnight tc :) " to those late night sms and conversations which you want to end since the next morning you have to catch up for office..sigh..)
- Calender sync in realtime , call logs sync to calender and make an entry for subsequent calls , duration and name (if available) with autorecord and dumping recording to gmail if necessary. No more life threatning calls.
- Exploring the endless possiblities of application porting over the inherent Linux kernel.
- Old school games using emulators. I can now play Contra:hardcorps all the time any where ..or even can listen to chiptunes of castlevania/super c. Although i am looking forward to Mame emulation (tiger arcade works super slow..) over android but CPU is a bottleneck as of now. Need to get a new android soon :|
- Wifu and wardriving while i am on bus..here is a sample packet capture -
BSSID;LAT;LON;SSID;Crypt;Beacon Interval;Connection Mode;Channel;RXL;Date;Time
- tcpdump/shark/nmap..need i say more ? (PS: you can always install shark over your GF's phone :P)
- Samba server :)
- Penetration testing using the nessus client and reading reports over it when I am on bus.
- Connected to like minded geeks ( who like to be pesked for technicalities ) even when I am on DTC and getting bored by the ongoing travels (i am looking at you : prateek singla, rahul sasi, prashant uniyal, chin tu/faku chand,raghu sharma and those who know I cant mention their names here :P )
- Taking remote control of remote computers and network devices using vnc/rfb (wrote bit.che for my college project, interested may see a demo at my college). Hell , if all else fails, you can always move with android vnc and team viewer.
- ssh to a machine having metasploit.
- 24x7 connectivity using openvpn...or vidalia..lemme summarise it in one image
- Overclocking :) although its a matter of only installing setcpu, but then, who doesnt likes the power it brings to slower devices.
- and much much much more (including 2 way authentication using timed key generation)
I am androidified .. Are you ?
by Rishabh Dangwal · 4