Everybody is having a Bluetooth phone nowadays,and we are merely concerned about the safety of these vulnerable and penetrable devices. BE it Nokia,Sony or any other brand,the technology remains same and provides whackers (wireless malicious hackers) new playground for their experiments.In this article,I will be listing some Bluetooth tools for security – both breaking and making.
It is a security and Bluetooth penetration testing suite and implements attacks like BlueSnarf,BlueSnarf++ and BlueSmack. It features Bluetooth address spoofing,socket shells like AT and RFCOMM and also implements tools like L2CAP packet generator and connection resetter and RSCOMM scanner which are a must for any Bluetooth security enthusiastic.
Blooover (and Blooover 2) is a tool that is intended to run on J2ME enabled cell phones that appear to be comparably seamless.It serves as an audit tool that people use to check if their phones and phones of friends :P are vulnerable or not.
Also there is also a tool “Super Bluetooth Hack” which is quite popular nowadays to hack into Bluetooth devices.
Medieval Bluetooth Network Scanner
This program can analyze and scan your Bluetooth network, giving detailed information about local and remote devices found. You can also browse supported services of each device in a clear and straightforward user-interface. If you have a Bluetooth dongle installed on your PC, download "Medieval Bluetooth Network Scanner" now, it's totally free of charge and very handy!
It can deep scan all services of your Bluetooth device using this software.
These software are free to use and quite handy to audit.However you,you ought to follow some basic rules of Bluetooth security for maximum protection-
- Switch off Bluetooth when not in use.
- Purchase only devices having long PIN codes.
- Refrain from entering the PIN into Bluetooth device for pairing.
- Limit the electric power itself to keep range of network within physical area (for Bluetooth enabled routers and devices other than cell phones).
- Always generate initialization keys when 2 Bluetooth devices meet for the first time.
- Never allow auto connection (Big loophole in Cell phone devices,easily exploited by a bit of social engineering).
POSTED BY XERO .ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.