To open the Task Manager, you normally would do one of the following:
- Press CTRL-ALT-DEL on the keyboard.
- Press CTRL-SHIFT-ESC on the keyboard.
- Right-click on a blank area on the start bar and choose Task Manager.
- Click on Start, Run and type TASKMGR in the run box and press Enter .
First we’ll begin with the various registry modification methods for correcting this problem.
- Using the Group Policy Editor in Windows XP Professional .
- Click Start, Run, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
- Under User Configuration, Click on the plus (+) next to Administrative Templates.
- Click on the plus (+) next System, then click on Ctrl+Alt+Delete Options.
- Find Remove Task Manager in the right-hand pane and double click on it.
- Choose the option “Not Configured” and click Ok.
- Close the Group Policy Window .
- Change the Task Manager Option through the Run line .
- Click on Start, Run and type the following command exactly and press Enter.
REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /fIt will restore your task manager and resolve your problem.
- Change Task Manager through a Registry REG file .
- Click on Start, Run, and type Notepad and press Enter.
- Copy and paste the given code into Notepad and save it to your desktop as taskmanager.reg
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
- Double click on the taskmanager.reg file to enter the information into the Windows registry.
Delete the restriction in the registry manually
- Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter.
- Navigate to the following branch
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies\ System
- In the right pane, find and delete the value named DisableTaskMgr.
- Close the registry editor .
- Download and Run FixTaskManager program.
- Click on the following links and download the program FixTaskManager to your Desktop
- Double-click on the file FixTaskManager on your desktop and run it .
- This will restore your Task manager.
I hope that was informative.
Posted by XERO.PCHELL.ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.