Announcing TakeDownCon Dallas - May 14-19 - Dallas, TX & It’s right around the corner. TakeDownCon Dallas - the inaugural event in EC-Council’s new technical IT security conference series - will be taking place from May 14-19, at the InterContinental Dallas, in Dallas, TX.
Pre-event training, from the EC-Council and their new Center for Advanced Security Training (CAST), will run from May 14-17, and cover their renowned, recently DoD Directive 8570-accepted Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) version 7, the Certified Security Analyst (ECSA), as well as the Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI) program.
Following the pre-event training is a two-day conference featuring three tracks -- "No Holds Barred," on day one (May 18), and two parallel tracks, "Attack Zone" and "Defense Sector," on day two (May 19).
The "No Holds Barred" track will kick things off, and include:
- Keynote by Barnaby Jack, who most recently gained media attention for his ATM hacking demonstration at Black Hat USA 2010
- Release of hardware pen-testing device, PlugBot, by security researcher Jeremiah Talamantes
- Other advanced talks on everything from automated malware analysis to hacking SCADA
The "Attack Zone" and "Defense Sector" tracks, preceded by a keynote on the anatomy of database attacks, from Josh Shaul and Alex Rothacker, will wrap things up, and include presentations such as:
- Analyzing and hacking smart phone security models
- Taking down government system security
- Attacking and defending the Smart Grid
Also launching will be "Nite Locks et al," an event that gives attendees a hands-on opportunity to test their lock-picking skills under the tutelage of experts.
Delegates of TakeDownCon will enjoy the special rate of $109/night, at the InterContinental Dallas.
For more information on the dozens of other technical presentations and training courses, along with a full program, presentation synopses, and registration details, click here.