With the NFS Undercover failing on the expectations of fans and EA alike, the Publisher is trifurcating its street-racing franchise into trio of 3 new properties: the MMOG NFS World Online, the Nintendo-only NFS: Nitro, and NFS: Shift for the PS3, XBOX 360, PSP, and PC.
With the EA BLACKBOX going down,gamers have been pondering upon the fate of the Electronic Arts' signature series. Today, EA announced that one of the partially shuttered Canadian operation's franchises, Need for Speed, will continue to be developed. With NFS facing stiff competition from Forza motorsport,Take-Two's Midnight Club, and EA's own Burnout series, the publisher has taken a drastic step from its own winning formula. Here is an overview of the announced titles…
The first, Need for Speed: Shift, is a hardcore racing simulation in the works for the PC, PSP, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. Developed by a hybrid team of internal and external developers in the UK, including Black Box producers and Slightly Mad Studios. Shift promises to join the ranks of the world's top simulation racing games with authentic cars and tracks, but it definitely offers its own signature look and feel. Shift promises to offer the true driver's experience,by racers,for racers..
The second NFS franchise to rise from Black Box's ashes is Need for Speed Nitro (working title), an arcade racer being crafted by the Boogie-makers at EA Montreal. Set for release exclusively on Nintendo's Wii and DS, the game will sport a "unique visual style" and, like Need for Speed Shift, will sport many real-world automotive licenses. Also like Shift, it will ship in North American this fall. Nitro is a game that stands up to the tenets of the Need for Speed brand and offers gameplay depth and a variety of modes.It will feel very Need for Speed, but in a more mischievous, Nintendo way..
NFS WORLD ONLINE
Finally, six years after EA shut down its first car-based massively multiplayer game, Motor City Online, the publisher is backing the auto MMOG genre out of the garage again. Jointly developed by Black Box and EA Shanghai, Need for Speed World Online is a PC-only, free-to-play game set to launch in Asia this coming summer. Need for Speed World Online is more about exploration into the free-to-play model that is growing at a fast pace, rather than a straight-up MMO persistent world such as Motor City Online. A North American release is scheduled for "winter 2009", which could potentially mean an early 2010 release.
Well all hope,that these series will be restoring NFS series to its former glory,lets keep our fingers crossed..
Posted by XERO.GAMESPOT.ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Google today unveiled Measurement Lab (M-Lab), an open platform that researchers can use to deploy Internet measurement tools which can detect internet based errors.When an Internet application doesn't work as expected or your connection seems slow, how can you tell whether there is a problem caused by your broadband ISP, the application, your PC, or something else? It can be difficult for experts, let alone average Internet users, to address this sort of question today. Due to lack of a comprehensive set of tools available today to counter these issues,Google took the initiative (as always) and introduced M-Lab.
Over the course of early 2009, Google will provide researchers with 36 servers in 12 locations in the U.S. and Europe. All data collected via M-Lab will be made publicly available for other researchers to build on.It is a community based effort,so call it an Orkut for developers :) .
Following features are currently provided by M-Lab as of now -
- Diagnose common problems of internet which might low internet.
- Check whether bit torrent is blocked by their ISP or not.
- Get information about their connection and provide researchers with valuable aggregate data
As of now these tools are in their first phase of evolution and will mature into a great piece of code with time.
You can learn more at the M-Lab website.
Cheers and Keep Learning..
If you have attempted to sell advertising on your website, you have probably heard of Alexa. Alexa is a company that ranks websites based on traffic. They get their information primarily from the Alexa Toolbar, a free, downloadable browser add-on.
Advertisers often consider Alexa rank when deciding whether to advertise on a website, so it's important to your visitors are counted,so that you make more bucks off…
Tempted ? Keep reading..
Here’s how to Do that
Install the Alexa widget on your website - It shows your Alexa rank to anyone who visits and ensures that each visit to your site is counted.
Encourage your site’s visitors to install the Alexa Toolbar - This will ensure that every day that they visit your website, Alexa will count it and incorporate the information into your Alexa rank.
Home Page Matters - Ask your visitors to make your site their browser’s home page. You could even include instructions on how to do this with different browsers. Bring them back with incentives. Regularly updated and informative content is a great incentive for visitors to keep coming back for more.
Alexa Autosurfs - Try Alexa autosurf programs or link trains. These often bring substantial improvement in the short term, but not so much in the long term. They are best for new websites.
Keep in Mind
- You want your Alexa rank numbers to go down, not up. An Alexa rank of 100,000 or lower is the most attractive to advertisers, but many are interested in advertising on sites with higher numbers as well.
- Link trains are frowned upon by some search engines. It’s up to you to decide whether increasing your Alexa rank is worth the risk.
- If you are also interested in increasing your Google PageRank, you’ll need regular links coming in as well,hence get backlinks by commenting in other people’s blog or by link exchange.
Cheers and keep learning.
posted by XERO. Ehow. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
by Rishabh Dangwal · 4
Gmail Labs have introduced a new concept of Ofline email which uses Google Gears to download a local cache of your mail. As long as you're connected to the network, that cache is synchronized with Gmail's servers. This feature will be very useful to users who have less internet connectivity but use emails extensively.When you lose your connection, Gmail automatically switches to offline mode, and uses the data stored on your computer's hard drive instead of the information sent across the network.And if you're on an unreliable or slow connection (like when you're "borrowing" your neighbor's wireless), you can choose to use "flaky connection mode", which is somewhere in between: it uses the local cache as if you were disconnected, but still synchronizes your mail with the server in the background.
Offline Gmail is an experimental lab feature,which is made available to everyone who uses Gmail in US or UK English over the next couple of days, so if you don't see it under the Labs tab yet, it should be there soon. Once you see it, just follow these steps to get started:
- Click Settings and click the Labs tab.
- Select Enable next to Offline Gmail.
- Click Save Changes.
- After your browser reloads, you'll see a new "Offline0.1" link in the upper righthand corner of your account, next to your username. Click this link to start the offline set up process and download Gears if you don't already have it.
Want to create your own 3D games ? but you have no idea of how to that ? Well now It just got easier with Platinum Arts Sandbox.Its a visual,intuitive,easy to learn game creation and 3D modeling tool that helps You to create some of the best ,interactive games without any programming. It is an open source easy to use standalone 3D Game Maker and 3D Game Design program currently being used in many schools throughout the world that allows kids and adults to create their own video games, worlds, levels, adventures and quests, even cooperatively! It is a game design tool that allows users to quickly and easily create and edit their own worlds in game, even cooperatively. Platinum Arts Sandbox is a great world/level creation tool for all levels of developers and ages.
Main Features -
- Friendly interface, Free and Open Source.
- Editing is done in game, including cooperatively over the Internet or LAN.
- Easy enough for kids to use but powerful enough for full game projects.
- Several different modes, including cart, sidescroller, movie (machinima) and RPG.
- Several custom maps that feature saving a princess, mazes, houses, quests, etc.
- The pursuit of making it as easy as possible to add map features and content.
Why Use Sandbox?
- More user friendly and stable than typical game design software. Everything is done in game, no compiling required.
- Being open source means full access to the engine code. The sky is the limit as far as new features that can be added.
- Lots of content and code already included to save time and effort on the creation process.
- Very supportive and friendly community.
Additional Features -
- Powerful scripting language.
- Height map mode to create in game mountains and caves.
- The ability to import md2, md3, md5 and obj model formats.
- Supports popular sound formats.
- Contains code project files for VS, Codeblocks, Linux makefile and Xcode.
Cheers and keep learning
Posted by XERO . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED .
As you will be noticing fro a couple of days,I have made a lot of changes to the blog,for good or worse,they are done to maximize your surfing and learning experience.The changes made are applied over a diverse area which include to the look of blog, the loading time, ads and widgets and even random code.
I would be seeking your comments and views on these changes to be made permanent,so please let me know your views about them.
Changes made are -
- Changing of feed burner account to google,so feed redirection will take place. For a couple of days my feed stats will be displayed low due to this but don't panic,you will be getting Your stuff delivered in Your mailboxes..and It will be resolved in a few days – feed burner staff responded.
- Added the Blog tag cloud blogumus to my blog,based on WP cumulus plugin by Roy Tanck,It replaced categories on left hand side of Sidebar.
- Removed those pesky Adbrite ads [ :) ] , less ads,You happy,Me happy..
- Cleared up blog code and Speed up blog loading,loads in 22 seconds in my connection as compared to 56.76 seconds earlier.Also optimized images for quick loading.
- Added a translator for our global visitors.
- Added a “Back to Top” feature in blog,by clicking on bottom right blue image You can get back to top.
- Added a Stript bar below the page for instant subscribing,It can be closed by clicking on the close button on it.
- Shifted the Blog directories form the sidebar to the bottom of blog.
- Removed the “Download any video” widget from the sidebar, I don't think if anybody really used it.
Feel free to express Your views and comment on the changes to give me constructive criticism.I really need it now .
Cheers and keep Learning.
Posted by XERO . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED .
Are you one of those guys who like to have cool visualization depicting your musical flairs ? Winamp,Windows media Player,media monkey...whatever the player be,they today are equipped with visualizations .However if you are bored with the default visualizations,then you can try the TwistedPixel visualization plugin.Twisted pixel supports major media players today and has some of the coolest effects you have ever seen. It is highly customizable,programmable and light on resources. In short,Its a must have for any music lover !!!
- TwistedPixel requires MCE, WMP, MediaMonkey or WinAMP to play.
- A 3D compatible Video Card.
- DirectX 8.x or greater can be downloaded from Microsoft.
- The visualization has been tested on Windows NT 4.x, Windows 2000 and Windows XP -- to the best of my knowledge there has been no testing on a Windows 98 or Me; with the appropriate hardware and DirectX drivers there should be no issue with these operating systems.
Cheers and Keep learning.
Posted by XERO . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED .
Miranda IM is an open source multiprotocol instant messaging application, designed for Microsoft Windows.It is a very powerful and easy-to-use instant messaging client for the Windows operating system. Miranda IM has extensive protocol support and is designed to be resource efficient. It uses very little memory and does not require any installation. Just unzip the self-extracting download and run the program.I installed the unicode version and it was easy as hell.
Miranda is free software distributed under GNU General Public License,and the project’s goals are summed up in a motto of “Smaller, Faster, Easier”, and Miranda IM delivers on all three. Multi-protocol support means no matter what IM networks the user wants to use, they only need one client. No one would need to have a MSN client, a Yahoo client, and an AIM client, for example, clogging up hard drive space and eating up system resources.Support for various IM protocols and additional features is implemented through optional plugins, some of which come bundled with Miranda by default; the rest (over 500) are available on the Addons site. Unused protocols can be easily removed. think it like Winamp in the world of IM’s.
- Customized look and function according to each individual's needs.
- Management and organization of hundreds of IM buddies on many IM networks
- Contact renaming
- Full message archive database,simple recall or deletion with the DB Tool or History Sweeper plugin.
- Contact details or photos visible with mouseover. (Needs additional plugin)
- No advertising
- Compact and portable: with few plugins, fits on a 1.44 MB floppy disk
- Security/Privacy: Saves history on hard disk
- Low memory footprint.
- Features can be extended using addons freely available.
Posted by XERO . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED .
Microsoft has closed completely its Aces Studio, the game group that once developed and maintained Flight Simulator. The Aces game Studio was known for developing the Flight Simulator,Combat Fight Simulator and Train Simulator series of videogames. On January 22 Microsoft announced its plan to lay off 5000 employees. However Microsoft is tightlipped about which divisions will be laid off.
According to GameSutra the Aces Studio was affected heavily by corporate layoffs.According to a Microsoft spokesman,the decision was made within Microsoft's Internal Entertainment Business "to align our people against our highest priorities."
Former ACES developer Phil Taylor reported in his blog that the studio has indeed been largely closed, with six employees retained to fulfill contractual duties,though he comments on the hope that Flight Simulator may continue to exist as a franchise in some other form.
Aces will join the small but growing list of former Microsoft game studios, which includes Ensemble, Bungie and Digital Anvil, among others.
Now You can watch videos in Gmail while chatting.Yep,Gmail has added a new functionality of YouTube video previews and video playing in Gmail chat.This will be a great help for chat addicts whose delayed reactions while chatting may have disrupted their friends .Now,there is no need of opening the video n a new windows and watch it there while it takes (forever) to load,the video will play right there in the preview . Right now,Google video and YouTube videos are supported but we can expect more in the near future considering Google’s amicable nature :)
Click the preview, and the video will play right there. Just remember to say something every once in a while or your friends will probably catch on that you're enjoying the dramatic chipmunk more than their conversation...
Cheers and keep learning
Hi Guys,I have returned from a 10 day vacation at Dehradun and I m rejuvenated with new energy to blog and to blog some more :)
Lemme’ start with my vacations,everything was not smooth there,leave the travelling and ticket time waste aside,but I had quite a brotherly reunion with my cousins and trust me,we pulled off great pranks together.Here are some pics of my tour..
Me with my Avenger
Having a Photo shoot at Aasaan bairaj,at the outskirts of Dehradun,Uttaranchal
Old Tehri – my Homeland,it is one of the last shots of it for the city is now below water..I revisited here to have a last look at it..
The valley of flowers is a great location to chill out,to mingle with nature..trust me it was a divine experience..
Trust me friends,pictures don't do justice to the actual experience I had,nor I was able to capture every chunk of my adventure (thanks to my malfunctioning Sony handicam,goes Kaput at the wrong time..),but it was surely a trip to remember.
Well,as this post shows,I m back and will resume to post some of great articles on this website.Stay tuned and thanks for supporting.
Posted by XERO . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED .
by Rishabh Dangwal · 2
My exams are finally over and I m going to my home at the backdrop of Himalayas (literally) , So I “may * ” not be able to post for some time, but stay tuned, I will be back and continue the experience.
Cheers and Keep learning
( * I will try to post if I get Internet there…seriously.)
Are you in need of a quick website ? Or you have NO prior knowledge of making a website and want to make one without breaking a sweat ? Well you can establish this feat by following the following tutorial.
You will need
Net Tools is a comprehensive set of host monitoring, network scanning, security, administration tools and much more, all with a highly intuitive user interface. It's an ideal tool for those who work in the network security, administration, training, internet forensics or law enforcement internet crimes fields.However ,these comprise of a huge collection of useful tools for the Good,the Bad and the Lazy..
Well Download Nettools and save them on your hard drive and Install them.
After installation,Launch Nettools and Go to
Start –> Exterior Tools –> File Tools –> Ultra fast Website Maker –> QuickwebFrom the Dialog that opens,Click on next,Choose your Pick from available options .I chose “Don’t create or load anything,Just build my website” and clicked on Next.
Choose your favorite template and Click Next,then Give your website a name and Write your name there and click on Next.
Now Add or delete pages,edit content on your website and when you are done,just click Next and choose destination where website is to be saved and Click on Build.
Congratulations,you have made your own website without breaking a sweat !! Congrats on this feat :) Now upload this to a hosting website and rest easy.
Cheers and Keep Rocking friends.
Posted by XERO . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED .
As webpages develop into more sophisticated works of art, it becomes necessary for designers to use different techniques to attract a viewer. One technique that is utilized is the animated .gif graphic. The animated .gif allows a designer to inject movement into webpage graphics to draw the attention of the viewer. It is important to note that this tutorial requires basic knowledge of Photoshop CS3, along with experience using layers but nevertheless,you can try and learn...
The following tutorial, created by the Fighting Engineers, describes how to create an animated .gif graphic using Adobe Photoshop CS3.
Here is how to create it
Create a document with each frame of the animation on a different layer.
Select the layers to be used in the animation from the layers palette
Note1: To select a group of layers, select the layer at the top of the group. Then hold the shift key and click on the bottom layer and this will highlight every layer in # Open the animation palette by choosing window from the menu bar and selecting “Animation“.
When the animation palette opens, it should look like this. If it doesn’t that means it opened in the timeline view.
Change to frame animation view by clicking on the flyout menu in the upper right hand corner of the animation palette and selecting “Convert to Frame Animation”.
Change every layer showing on one frame to every layer showing on its own frame, by clicking the flyout menu on the animation palette and choosing “Make frames from layers”
Note: All layer don’t have to be selected, to select a few layers use the copy layer button at the bottom right of the animation palette to add layers.
Modify each frame by selecting the frame on the animation window and changing it as desired in the main photoshop window.
Note: To add or remove a graphic from another layer to any frame r, select the frame and in the layers palette, click the “eye” to toggle on or off the visibility for that layer.
Under each frame is an arrow head pointing downward. Click on the arrow head to display timing menu and select the display time for each frame.
From the file menu select export to export the document as a movie or under the save as option save the file as a gif. Be sure to select Save for Web and Devices.
- Save your project more than often.
- Fiddle with settings and learn Photoshop.
- Try different delay times and achieve different results.
You will need
- Adobe Photoshop
- Sprites or images
I hope that was informative.
Cheers and Keep learning.
Posted by XERO . WIKIHOW . Original authors - Eng3050fe, Jack H, Maluniu, Viral, Richard O, Elyne, BR . Fighting Engineers .ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
So,You want do download that movie from torrents but are not sure about its realness ? Or that software you want may contain malicious tool or virus or is a complete rip off ? Well,Bit Torrent is a peer-to-peer file sharing protocol used to distribute large amounts of data and is one of the most common protocols for transferring large files.Determining if a torrent is real or fake can give a heck of a headache. Using sites that you know and trust can give you general information as to the authenticity of the torrent. To find whether a torrent if worth downloading,just read on…
Here is how to do that -
Search for Torrent - Find a torrent of whatever you are looking for,do a proper research if you really need it.
Review the Torrent - Review any information given to you, such as the date uploaded, the file size, etc. For example, if something was released on April 10, but it was uploaded on March 14, it's probably a fake or a ripped version. Also check the reputation of the uploader at the torrent site. Trust him if he is a regular like AXXO or H33t.
Heed comments - Review any ratings or comments available to you. Others may have already confirmed it's status,the quality of torrent and the number of seeders.
Site links - Check for other sites linking to the torrent. The more sites, the more chance the torrent is real.
Compare torrents - File Sizes of other similar torrents. Is the file only 5mb, when all the others are 5GB? Does the file size seem too small? or the size is different as compared to similar releases ? If so, it might be fake.
Seeders - Look at the amount of seeders. If there aren't a lot of seeders, there is a chance it could be fake.
Word of Caution -
Malware alert - If you download a torrent and the file points you to a website saying you need special software, do not download or install it.You don't want to be a victim of a scam like Domplayer or 3Wplayer .
Trust on Certificates - Don't run something on your computer unless you trust it,trust on the certificates the software industry provides. Think of it like a sandwich. Would you eat a random sandwich you find in a park?
Legal Perils - Do not download illegal material. If you do, the MPAA can track you down and sue you. For proof, simply look at the music industry.
I hope that was informative .
Cheers and keep learning .
Posted by XERO . WIKIHOW . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED .
Oh iPhone..The gadget on my wishlist.I don't know why cuz there are a lot of better cellphones available on market today,but still none of them is an iPhone.However I hate the lack of fluency and freedom of installing apps on iPhone.There are two primary ways to get applications on your iPhone. First, you can purchase them through iTunes.If you do not have the money for these applications (like me) , or are looking for something that is not offered (like me..again :P), you can turn to unlicensed third party applications for your iPhone. You will be able to add thousands of third party applications after you Jailbreak your iphone with this tutorial.A jailbreak is the act or tool used to perform the act of bypassing digital rights management (DRM).This works on both Windows and Mac and is only for firmware version 1.1.4 ,I will be shortly posting unlocking 2.0 firmware iPhone using pwnage tool.
Be warned,I m not responsible for any act of carelessness. You have been warned.
Here is how to do that
- First, you will need to download the 1.1.4 firmware onto your iPhone. You should already have it downloaded from Apple.
- Then, you will need to download Ziphone. Follow the previous link to get there.
- After you have downloaded that, you will need to open it. It should automatically, but if not it should be under desktop.
- Once you click on the icon, it will ask you to unzip, so just click the "Unzip" button.
- A window will open, and on the side, there will be a panel with the words "Jailbreak". Click on it.
- Then, plug your iPhone it to your computer.
- Your iPhone will show a bunch of words on the screen if you did it correctly.
- Once it is done, you should have a 1.1.4 Jailbroken Iphone!
- Install apps,google is your best friend for finding them .
A Word of Caution ,Extreme Caution
- This should work with iPod Touch, but there is no guarantee,trust me.
- This Voids your warranty with Apple.
- Third party applications can also cause problems with the firmware, software and other applications on your iPhone .
Things You Need
- Iphone (obviously)
- 1.1.4 firmware
posted by XERO . WIKIHOW . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED .
"The Ultimate 2D fighting Game "
The King of Fighters XII (KOF XII) is to be the next instalment of The King of Fighters series.The King of Fighters XII is the first KoF game in almost a decade to feature a complete visual overhaul, confirmed by Nona, artist in charge of the art in the The King of Fighters XI endings. All the sprites used in previous games for over 10 years will be dropped and will be replaced with new high definition sprites.Everything,from the sprites to the effects,just everything is completely hand drawn.The effects for special moves,the movement of sprites,the character details have also been redrawn from scratch, and they animate extremely smoothly, complementing the character graphics.However KOFXII doesn't have as many characters as previous entries, perhaps because the artists simply can't draw enough in their given development time. The game will feature a total of 20 characters by default, which is actually four characters fewer than even the original KOF '94.
The programmers have stated their intention is to create the "ultimate 2D fighting game".The game is currently due to be released in the second quarter of 2009 for PS3,XBOX 360 and Arcade (Taito type X2 system).
You can watch the latest KOF 12 trailers and Videos here -
I hope it will face stiff competition with the Street Fighter franchise which too is taking a rebirth under Street Fighter 4 and the acclaimed Tekken 6 . Lets wait and watch :) , in the end,the winners are us,the gamers.
Cheers and Keep Learning
POSTED BY XERO . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED .
Hi guys,I have already posted a way to change the xp start button before and you can read it here .However after I received a lot of emails regarding to crypticness of registry editor and the need of replacing the Shell value to new value,I decided to write a more easier guide to change the XP start button.For this ,you will need a tool called Resource Hacker. This free program allows you to change resources in any .exe file such as "Explorer.exe", which includes the Start button's Label.
After you download it, follow the guide here:
Change the Start text
- Locate explorer.exe in your c:\Windows directory. Make a copy of the file in the same directory and rename it explorer.bak. Run "Resource Hacker" and open the file "%windir%\Explorer.exe".
- You see a Tree of all Resources in this file.Expand the String Table folder and then find folder No. 37 (folder No. 38 if you're in Windows Classic mode).
- Click on resource 1033 and locate the text that says " Start " and replace it with your own text. You don't have a character limit, but the text takes up valuable taskbar space, so don't make it too long. then press the [Compile Script] button.
Change your hover text
- Open folder No. 34 and click on resource 1033.
- Find the text that says "Click here to begin" and change it to something of your choice.
- Click on the Compile Script button to update this resource.
Customize your Start icon
- Collapse the String Table folder and expand the Bitmap folder at the top of your folder list.
- Click on folder No. 143 and click on resource 1033 and You will see that Windows icon.
- Go to the Action Menu and select "Replace bitmap." Select "Open file with new bitmap" and replace it with a bitmap image of size 25 pixels by 20 pixels.
Save the changes
- After you have made all the changes,Save "Explorer.exe" as "NewStart.exe" . DONT save it as Explorer.exe,because that file is already being used by your system.
Go to File – > save as.. and give it a new name.
- Quit Resource Hacker
Replace the Explorer
- Boot into Safe Mode With Command Prompt by pressing F8 on startup. Then choose Safe Mode in the command prompt.
- Log on as administrator and enter your password if you have any.
- When the command prompt comes up, make sure you're in the right directory by typing "cd c:\windows" (without the quotes).
- Now type
"copy c:\windows\NewStart.exe c:\windows\explorer.exe" (no quotes).
- Type "yes" (no quotes) to overwrite the existing file, then restart your system by typing "shutdown -r" (no quotes).
When your system restarts,you will be able to see your start button with the changes you made to it.
I hope that was easy James…
Cheers and Keep learning.
Posted by XERO . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED .
An exploit is a piece of software, a chunk of data, or sequence of commands that take advantage of a bug, glitch or vulnerability in order to cause unintended or unanticipated behavior to occur on computer software, hardware, or something electronic (usually computerized).This frequently includes such things as violently gaining control of a computer system or allowing privilege escalation or a denial of service attack.A ' remote exploit ' works over a network and exploits the security vulnerability without any prior access to the vulnerable system. A ' local exploit ' requires prior access to the vulnerable system and usually increases the privileges of the person running the exploit past those granted by the system administrator.Exploit is a code built in C, VB or other language etc that takes advantage of an open port or a vulnerability.This guide will teach you how to compile an exploit in cygwin.
In the following steps I will show you how to compile an exploit using a port 5000 exploit, but you can do the same for other ports just download their exploit from:
Download port 5000 exploit, usually the exploits come as .txt and you need to change them to .c
Open the Cygwin setup.exe and install it by the following pictures:
After installing the program we need to compile the exploit, place the 5000.c exploit in C:\\cygwin\\bin then run the command line from
Start -> Run -> cmdin the command prompt type:
CD c:\\cygwin\\binOr follow the picture:
gcc 5000.c -o 5000.exe
(CD = Open)
After we finshed to compiled the exploit we can use it! =) . In order to connect the the victims computer that has port 5000 open in this case..
Open the command line by
Start –> Runthen type:
CD c:\\cygwin\\binOr follow by the picture:
5000.exe XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX –e
(XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX = Victim\'s IP address)
and congrats..You are connected !!!
- For C and C++ under windows use Bloodshed or another windows compiler.
- For C under linux use gcc. gcc -o exploit.c exploit
- For perl for windows go download active perl and usage is: perl exploit.pl
- For perl under linux use: perl exploit.pl
- For .sh under linux use: source exploit.sh
WARNING / DISCLAIMER / Whatever You think -
Compromising security and hacking are illegal in many countries.Use the above knowledge at your on risk.In short,keep it low.
Or you can read this article - Things you should not do - (Saving ur Ass from FBI)
Cheers and Keep Learning.
Posted by XERO . DARKTRX .ALL RIGHTS RESERVED .
by Rishabh Dangwal · 3