Miranda IM is an open source multiprotocol instant messaging application, designed for Microsoft Windows.It is a very powerful and easy-to-use instant messaging client for the Windows operating system. Miranda IM has extensive protocol support and is designed to be resource efficient. It uses very little memory and does not require any installation. Just unzip the self-extracting download and run the program.I installed the unicode version and it was easy as hell.
Miranda is free software distributed under GNU General Public License,and the project’s goals are summed up in a motto of “Smaller, Faster, Easier”, and Miranda IM delivers on all three. Multi-protocol support means no matter what IM networks the user wants to use, they only need one client. No one would need to have a MSN client, a Yahoo client, and an AIM client, for example, clogging up hard drive space and eating up system resources.Support for various IM protocols and additional features is implemented through optional plugins, some of which come bundled with Miranda by default; the rest (over 500) are available on the Addons site. Unused protocols can be easily removed. think it like Winamp in the world of IM’s.
- Customized look and function according to each individual's needs.
- Management and organization of hundreds of IM buddies on many IM networks
- Contact renaming
- Full message archive database,simple recall or deletion with the DB Tool or History Sweeper plugin.
- Contact details or photos visible with mouseover. (Needs additional plugin)
- No advertising
- Compact and portable: with few plugins, fits on a 1.44 MB floppy disk
- Security/Privacy: Saves history on hard disk
- Low memory footprint.
- Features can be extended using addons freely available.
Posted by XERO . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED .