The T-Mobile G1 (known as the HTC Dream during development) is an Internet-enabled smartphone with software designed by Google and hardware designed by High Tech Computer Corporation of Taiwan. The G1 is the first phone to the market that uses the Android mobile device platform.Previously rumored to cost at par with the iPhone at $199, this one actually does better at $179.
- Network - HSDPA 1700 / 2100 plus quadband EDGE.
- Screen - 3.2 in (8.1 cm) TFT-LCD flat touch-sensitive HVGA screen with 480 X 320 pixel resolution.3D graphics acceleration.
- Storage - The G1 has a microSD card slot and comes with a 1GB memory card (2GB in UK). MicroSDHC cards up to 16GB have been successfully used on the G1 and it is believed a 32GB card should work on the device
- Camera - The G1 has 3.2-megapixel camera with autofocus functionality. There is currently no software to capture video or offer zoom functionality.
- Media - The G1 supports playing back H.264, streaming, 3GPP, MPEG4, and Codec 3GP files.The G1 supports audio files in MP3, AAC, AAC+, WMA, MPEG4, WAV, MIDI, Real Audio, and Ogg formats.
- Miscellaneous - Android Market (The Appstore for Android devices).Amazon MP3 integrated for music purchases.Push Gmail support with full HTML client.Google Maps and Street View.
- Connectivity - Wi-Fi + Bluetooth (w/o AD2P).No desktop synchronization (it all happens over the air)
- Battery - The G1 has a user-replaceable, rechargeable battery stated to offer up to 5 hours of talk time and 130 hours of standby power.
- Keyboard - The G1 has a sliding full 5 row QWERTY keyboard.
- Audio - mini-USB-compatible ExtUSB jack.
The phone would be available contract free @ $399. And can be unlocked after 90 days. That is standard policy of T-Mobile.Would require an attachment for 3.5mm jack.The browser is Google Chrome.Pre-installed software applications provide access to many Google services, including Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Maps, Google Talk, and a YouTube video player.
posted by XERO . Various Sources. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED .