Showing up on search engines is one of the most critical ways to increase website traffic and expose your content, product or service to people who might be interested in what you have to offer. Most of the major search engines utilize an algorithm to determine where a website ranks.Google uses Pagerank system and Alexa uses various criteria’s to rank your position in related searches.A proven but little-known way to improve your page rank with Google and your Alexa ranking for new web authors is here for you.
- Build a website. NVU is an easy free WYSIWYG html editor or use a simple blogging platform like blogger,typepad or wordpress.
- Make sure that your site is optimized for the search engines and that all meta tags and robot tags are constructed properly.
- Focus building your site on original and unique content. Once Internet users start to appreciate and see the value in your website, they will begin linking to it.
- Submit your site map to Google to have all of your pages indexed.
- Submit to the main search engines, Yahoo, Google, MSN and any others that you prefer.
- Go to your favorite search engines and type in "social bookmark sites".
- Submit your site and any other favorite sites to as many social bookmark sites that you like.
- Submit your site to as many directories as you can, specially to those with high page rank like DMOZ or yahoo directory or to any smaller directory with lower page rank.
- Update your site frequently adding new content that keeps users returning to your site.
This method is two-pronged because not only will you get better positions in searches for your keywords, you are also going to receive one way inbound links for your website which will improve your search engine rankings.Add your website address sparingly to social bookmarking and wiki sites. Users who over-indulge in self-promotion will be perceived as spammers which may result in your website being added to blacklists or, even worse, your efforts to be simply ignored.Beware of duplicate content. Always make sure to check the content that you get by searching for the content on Google, Yahoo, and MSN.Be original and blog original. And just in case if you are copying from other blogs or websites,then do give a reference or link to the original source.
Good luck and cheers
posted by XERO . Wikihow and various sources . ALL RIGHTS RESERVED .