Follow these steps (carefully!):
- Open the "System Properties" dialog box ( Settings - Control Panel - System)
- On the Advanced tab, click the Settings button in the "Startup And Recovery" section.
- In the "Startup And Recovery" dialog box, select the Edit button in the "System Startup" section.
- The Boot.ini file will open in Notepad; locate the line that ends with the /fastdetect switch.
- Position your cursor to the right after the parameter, press the spacebar, and add the /SOS switch.
- Save the Boot.ini file, and close Notepad.
- Click Cancel to close both the "Startup And Recovery" dialog box and the "System Properties" dialog box.
- Restart the computer to see the effect.
To re-enable the splash screen, follow the same procedure but remove the "/SOS".
Posted by XERO