Games became unplayable when the battery inside the security cartridge died, which had to be replaced at cost to the owner. Furthermore, the CPS-3 was only capable of 2D graphics at a time when most games were being developed with 3D hardware in mind.
In June 2007, the encryption method was reverse-engineered by Andreas Naive, making emulation possible. The encryption turned out to be a fairly straightforward combination of rotates and XORs
* Main CPU: Hitachi HD6417099 (SH-2) at 25 MHz
o SCSI CD-ROM drive
o RAM (variable amount)
o Flash ROM: 8 x 16 MiB
* Sound chip: 16-channel 8-bit sample player, stereo
* Maximum number of colors: 32768 (15 bit colour, 555 RGB)
o Palette size: 131072 pens
o Colors per tile (backgrounds / sprites): 64 (6 bits per pixel) or 256 (8 bits per pixel), selectable
o Colors per tile (text overlay): 16 (4 bits per pixel)
* Maximum number of objects: 1024, with hardware scaling
* Scroll faces: 4 regular + 1 text overlay 'score screen' layer
* Scroll features: Horizontal & vertical scrolling, linescroll, linezoom
* Framebuffer zooming
* Color blending effects
* Hardware RLE decompression of 6 bpp and 8 bpp graphics through DMA
* Resolution, pixels: 384×224 (standard mode) / 496×224 (widescreen mode)
* Known games on this hardware: 6
Most Popular games Include Street Fighter 3 Series
Wanna Play its Games ?
Get CPS3 Emulator at http://nebula.emulatronia.com/descargas.php
Get CPS3 games at : http://www.romnation.net . Download MAME Roms and Place them inside Rom Folder,Launch the game and play !!